TRADITIONAL FOCUSED DRUM LESSONS – NON GRADED
About: Georg has worked with an Award winning UK band, recorded on a Mercury Music Prize (UK) nominated album and is an artist in his own right having released his debut album “Bach to Me” featuring renowned guest musicians. As an educator he is a leading expert on drumming technique and music performance, preparing students for qualifications up to degree level. Georg holds two Licentiates in Music Performance and Music Teaching, both gained with Distinction. As a clinician he has performed at events with drummers such as Marco Minnemann, Jojo Mayer and Dom Famularo.
Who this is for: These lessons are ideally suited for intermediate, advanced and professional level drummers who want to hone their present skills and study technique – see technique list below. However, adult beginners who don’t want to take exams are welcome here too. Lessons are given in a focused one to one format with the aim of learning and improvement. Ideally, lessons should be taken once a week for optimum benefit. Please note: your lesson time will be arranged according to your time zone. Ie. Hong Kong lessons are generally between 4pm to 8pm local time.
“I have been studying under Georg for the past four years. He has taken my playing from good to excellent and has opened my eyes to a whole new world of playing and technique. Lessons with Georg are not just about acquiring one skill but many – you could call it a whole new drumming experience.” Warren Knocker, South Africa. Level 4 student.
“For me, Georg tackles drumming from the right angle – to ultimately play music so it sounds right. He teaches with systematic and understandable methods and will get you where you want to be drumming-wise with realistic goals.” Arien de Beer, UK – Grade 8 student and Scholarship winner
“I thoroughly enjoyed studying with Georg and found my time with him to be extremely invaluable. I highly recommend him as drum tutor to anyone looking to really up their game…” Travis Marc, UK – Professional drummer and teacher. Zildjian artist
Prospective students will need to have:
- A stable internet connection.
- A sound system capable of playing Rockschool backing tracks.
- Access to an acoustic or electronic drum kit where they will be undisturbed for the duration of the lesson.
- If using an acoustic drum kit it is recommended to use a decent quality microphone for better audio clarity.
Yes! I want the Best Focused Drum Lesson Experience! Please click HERE to contact us and find out more.
TECHNIQUE FOCUS INCLUDES:
● Natural Rebound. Learn how to master this foundational hand technique that will springboard you onto other all-important techniques.
● Gladstone technique. Learn how this hand technique forms the basis of efficient hand development.
● Moeller technique. This technique is essential if you desire to advance your drumming and raise your overall drumming ability and dynamic delivery.
● Finger technique. This technique is essential for rapid single strokes application whether on one surface or around the kit.
● The natural ‘Hop’ method. This foundational foot technique promotes excellent balance and is the springboard to more advanced techniques such as the Heel/toe and swivel techniques.
● The heel/toe method. Double strokes on feet at 210 bpm and beyond? The misconception is that you need a longboard to execute this foot technique well. Don’t believe it! Master this advanced foot technique correctly and your feet will fly!
● The swivel technique. Learn how to play with less effort and more control when applying fast legato patterns with one foot. Combine two feet for superhuman singles strokes. Used by master drummers such as Dom Famularo.
“I’ve been studying with Georg for three years now. It’s been a lot of fun and my lesson is one of the highlights of every week. What makes Georg so good as a drum teacher is not that he knows pretty much everything there is to know about drumming. It’s the fact that he’s so good at teaching it to you. He’s a very good teacher who’s happy to teach you at a pace that’s comfortable for you. On top of that he’s also a great guy with lots of cool stories to share.” – Nico Botha 35 – Playing 3 years… music lover